Siri, which is an application developed for Apple iPhone users, can also be installed and set up in your Mac. But, Siri on mac can access through a lot of the files on your computer and they goes much deeper, to dig out all the information and analyze all the data through it, to answer any query of the user regarding anything which is either present in his system, or he wants the information from internet sources.
It asks you for the access through the emails, pictures, videos and other documents that are already stored in your mac system, so that you will be able to operate in such a way, that it might answer you a question, and the next question related to it will also be answered if the app will have access through all your data. Also checkout, Siri For Android.
Tutorial On Setting Up Apple Siri On Mac? Step By Step Guide
Method of enabling Siri on mac
It has a very simple of method of getting access to Siri on mac. This occurs when you upgrade and modify your mac operating system to a higher version of Sierra (Sierra or High Sierra), at the moment of up-gradation the system will pop up an option on your screen that whether you want to use Siri on your mac system or not? If you click yes, you will be able to use Siri on your system, and if you denied that option, you may always do it manually at any time from system preferences. Here’s the procedure for enabling Siri on your mac system:
- You have to first click on the apple icon at the right corner of your screen.
- There will be shown a drop down menu, out of the options; you have to select system preferences.
- Now select Siri among all of the icons present.
- Tick on the box that pops up after clicking over the icon of Siri.
- Now, you will have to select a language in which you want Siri to understand your instructions.
- Lastly, select a Siri voice.
- This will enable you to talk to Siri and provide your instructions and commands to the system to perform your tasks.
For using Siri on your mac, you have to follow the below steps:
- Start by clicking on your menu bar, Dock or Touch Bar.
- Now select the Siri icon.
- There are 4 methods through which you can open up the Siri software:
- The easiest one is, click on the Siri icon which is shown in the Dock and the Siri window will pop up directly.
- In case you are unable to see the Siri icon on the menu bar, over the upper right corner of your screen, you may go to System preferences and then select the option of Siri, now check the box which says ‘Show Siri in menu bar’.
- The third method for directly opening up the siri window is, via keyboard. You only have to press and hold up the Command key along with Space bar and the window will open up. It gives you the option for also setting up your own keyboard shortcut simply by going into the system preferences<Siri.
- If Siri is already open, you may click on the icon and then click the icon of mic in the Siri window.
- In case that you are using Mac mini or a Mac Pro, then you will have to connect a microphone or a headset externally with your device, so that Siri could hear your instructions. Then choose the option of microphone from the mic input menu in your Siri preferences.
Check: Funny Things To Ask Siri
Enable the option of ‘hey siri’ on your mac:
This is the option, which helps you to open up the window of Siri simply by saying ‘Hey Siri; to your mac screen. This can be occurred by following these steps:
- First of all, go to the option of system preferences and then go to Siri. From there you will have to choose a keyboard shortcut, but that should be different from the Apple’s default shortcut provided for Siri. Suppose, you have chosen the shortcut as Command key + P.
- The next step will be, go to the system preferences again and then to the option of Keyboard. From here, you will have multiple options to choose, out of which you have to check the box for Use Enhanced Dictation. This will help you in the provision of a great deep pool of words, through which the software can understand a large number of words that you speak. For this purpose, you might have to install a new file for enhanced version if you are using it for the first time.
- Now, reach the system preferences and select the accessibility option, a drop down menu will appear, out of all of these options, select and click Dictation. On the right panel, you will see a box which says ‘Enable the dictation keyword phrase’ mark a check on this box, and then change the phrase from Computer to ‘Hey’.
- While staying on the same page i.e. accessibility, you will have to check the box for Enable advance commands’ and then click the + button in order to add a new command.
- Whenever you wish to give a new command you have to start by sayinh ‘Siri’ to your screen, or select that keyboard shortcut from the menu and then enter your custom Siri keyboard shortcut. In this case we have chosen Command key + P,
Recommended: Siri vs Google Assistant vs Alexa Comparison
Thus Siri is an application which has helped the users in many ways, particularly people who are handicapped or have some sort of hand injuries which makes them unable to use the gadgets properly, it is convenient for them to speak up your commands and instructions to your device.